Last modified February 2020
This Privacy Notice will help you understand what personal information OpenTV, Inc., its ultimate parent company Kudelski S.A. and its affiliates (collectively the Kudelski Group) collect and use when providing Services to you and your privacy rights associated with that personal information.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, "Services" refers to marketing, promotional, and customer relationship management activities carried out by OpenTV, Inc. on https://video.space and unless expressly specified herein, does not include personal information collected by products and solutions commercialized by the Kudelski Group, which are governed by privacy terms made available with such specific products and solutions.
Contact – Privacy Committee
OpenTV, Inc is an affiliate of Kudelski SA and part of the Kudelski Group, headquartered in Cheseaux-sur-Lausanne, Switzerland with American headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America. The Kudelski Group has appointed a Privacy Committee to contact if you have any question or concerns about personal data handling policies and practices. Please send your inquiry to email@example.com. In your email, please describe in as much detail as possible the nature of your inquiry or the ways in which you believe that the Privacy Notice has not been complied with.
Changes and updates to the Privacy Notice
As our Services to you may change from time to time, this Privacy Notice may need to be updated accordingly. OpenTV, Inc. reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time at its sole discretion and will provide notice of material changes on this website. We may email you (provided you have an email address registered with us) about material changes therein, prior to them becoming effective but we invite you to consult this page on a regular basis to get information on our latest privacy practices. By continuing to use the Services after changes to the Privacy Notice have become effective, you are giving your agreement to the revised Notice with the following exception: if at the time you provide personal information to OpenTV, Inc. or to one of its affiliates you are given the opportunity to limit how such information will be used to communicate with you, either by OpenTV, Inc., by one of its affiliates or by third parties, OpenTV, Inc. will not change your preference in this regard without your express consent. However, if OpenTV, Inc. sells assets (or the assets of a division or subsidiary) to another entity, or OpenTV, Inc. (or a division or subsidiary) is acquired by, or merged with, another entity, OpenTV, Inc. may provide to such entity customer information that is related to that part of our business that was sold to, or merged with, the other entity without your consent.
If, as the result of such changes, you want to alter the ways in which OpenTV, Inc. is allowed to use your personal information, you can do so by following the procedure described below in the section titled “Access and Control over your Personal Information”.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Services. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are visiting, residing in or resident of the Europe Economic Area, and under the age of 16, then you must obtain your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to consent to the collection and processing of your personal data.
Personal information we collect and use
OpenTV, Inc. collects personal information (also referenced as personal data) about its customers and other individuals for the purpose of providing the Services to them. The personal information collected falls into several categories described below. A detailed list (or categories) of personal information and its purpose is provided at the end of this document. This information falls into several categories, including:
1. Customer Relationship Management
We receive information prior to/during fulfilment of contractual services for customers. This may include, for example, your name, designation/job role, company you represent, telephone number and email address which you provide us with during the pre-relationship stage, proposal discussions, contract negotiations and the duration of time for which we provide the customer with services. We will use the data to carry out the services for which we have been contracted and to contact customers for customer care-related purposes, including regular communication regarding project status, notifying issues/concerns, sharing project deliverables, billing, carrying out day-to-day project activities, and other related activities in order to comply with our contractual obligations towards the customer.
In order to reduce errors in our database, authenticate our users and prevent abuse of our system, we may on occasion supplement the personal information you submit to us with information from third-party sources. For example, we may supplement your registration information with address information provided by the relevant in-country postal service to qualify your information and prevent errors in our database.
2. Commercial and marketing communications
We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you electronic messages containing Service-related notices (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, feature notifications, technical and security notices). We may also send you electronic messages containing product and/or service offerings, promotions, invitations and special offers. You can also stop receiving electronic messages (other than Service-related notices) from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications or by changing your account preferences or settings.
3. Marketing-related engagement with Kudelski Group entities
As a visitor to our video.space website and landing pages, you can engage in various activities, such as downloading publications, signing up to newsletters, events, or requesting additional information (via online forms, or email addresses) and other alias addresses that are used during promotional campaigns.
a. Online Subscriptions
To sign up to newsletters, you will need to submit an online form, containing personal information. This can include: first and last name, company name, job title, mailing address (including zip code), professional e-mail address, telephone numbers, country of residence. You will be requested to stipulate about which marketing and promotional activities you wish to be contacted. You can unsubscribe at any given time using the link provided in the web page, email, or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. In order to receive other related marketing and promotional communication from us, you need to opt-in when you register.
b. Information Collected from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases, trusted third-party services, or partner with which we offer co-branded services. We may also share information between our affiliated companies. This helps us update and analyse our records, identify new prospects for promotional and marketing activities.
3. Cookies and website tracking
These technologies record information about your use of our websites, including:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the sites you are visiting.
- Usage data, such as time spent on the sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our sites.
Information on cookie use
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer, to help us analyze how you use our websites. When you visit the website again, the cookie enables the website to recognize your browser and deliver an improved user experience (saving time or retrieving pieces of information for a customized experience).
We use first-party cookies (set by us) and third-party cookies (set by our marketing and analytics partners) that enable features such as advertising, interactive content and analytics to be provided.
The types of cookies we use are:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites, subscription services and mobile apps and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website and subscription services are being used or how effective our email campaigns are, or to help us customize our website for you.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our website, subscription service and mobile apps but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
How you can control cookies
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.youronlinechoices.com
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our website. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our website.
Mobile application and Google Firebase
Our Services use Google Firebase for developing applications on mobile devices (“Apps”). Google Firebase may store and process your IP address,
Log file information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page or other content within the Services. We may also receive log information relating to your device and your use of our Apps. When you use the Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information (“Server Logs”). These Server Logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. The information contained in Server Logs is used to monitor, assess, manage, diagnose problems with, improve and otherwise administer the Services.
When you access the Services by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart phones or tablets), we and/or our third party business partners may access, assign, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more unique device-specific identifiers, such as a universally unique identifier (UUID) (“Unique Identifiers”). Unique Identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on and/or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A Unique Identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A Unique Identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A Unique Identifier may also be used to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store location data, which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device (“Location Data”). Location Data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Location Data may be used to personalize and customize your experience when using the Service, facilitate the functionality of certain features within the Service, and to improve the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of Location Data is impaired or disabled. Your device configuration settings allow you to disable location tracking. Please refer to the instructions for your mobile device’s operating system.
Do Not Track signals
Some internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently respect any do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Third party websites
Please note that OpenTV, Inc. is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non-OpenTV, Inc. websites to which the website may link. You should review the privacy notice of such websites before using the sites.
Sharing of your personal information to third parties
OpenTV, Inc. will on occasion share your information with third parties as described in the notice. We may share your personal information with affiliated companies within our corporate structure, vendors and as needed for legal purposes.
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information among affiliated companies within the Kudelski Group for matters pertaining to corporate management (e.g. customer relationship management or sales).
- Vendor Partners: From time to time, we may run a joint or co-sponsored program or promotion via our line tools with another company, organization or reputable third party. As part of this event, we may collect and process personal information. When doing any promotional or marketing activity with another company, we will always give you the opportunity to opt-in to receive information directly from that third-party company.
- Service Providers: We may use third parties to provide service support for the internal operations of our websites, applications and online advertisements, and to assist us in the administration of our websites, applications, advertisements, and functions, programs and promotions we run. These third parties may come into contact with your personal information as a result of providing services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information to any third party with your prior consent.
Legal basis for processing personal information
The legal basis for the processing of your personal Information as described above is your consent or our need for processing your personal information in order to be able to provide you with the requested information. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
International transfer of personal information
- Within the Kudelski Group: When you submit personal information to OpenTV, Inc. or one of its affiliates through a website or other digital and print means, you understand and agree that this information may be transferred across national boundaries and may be stored and processed by OpenTV, Inc. and its affiliates in any of the countries in which the Kudelski Group maintains offices, including without limitation, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and the USA. We put in place appropriate contractual data protection agreements or use other appropriate legal mechanisms to safeguard the transfer of information.
- Transfers to third parties: You also acknowledge that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transferring, storage and processing of your information may be undertaken by technology vendor partners working with us (see above).
Security of your personal information
OpenTV, Inc. and its affiliates have put in place appropriate physical, technical measures and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We update and test such security measures on an ongoing basis and restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide Services to you. Our employees receive training about privacy matters, including confidentiality and security of your personal information.
Retention of your personal information
Our policy is to retain your data for a reasonable period of time, taking into consideration our need to provide information that you have requested on company, service and product development and comply with legal requirements.
We retain information from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date the information was created.
Access and control over your personal information
OpenTV, Inc. makes it possible for you to access your personal Information and more particularly to:
- review, correct, update or delete the personal information you have supplied us with (to the extent OpenTV, Inc. is not otherwise permitted or required to keep such data);
- object to certain data processing operations or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information;
- if we have collected and processed your personal information based on your consent, withdraw such consent at any time; or
- receive a copy of your personal information processed by us.
To exercise any of those rights, you may unsubscribe at any given time using the link provided in the email or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
c/o Route de Genève 22-24
Attn. Privacy Committee
If you reside within the European Economic Area and if you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority. You can find your supervisory authority by visiting https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
Categories of personal data and purpose
Category of personal information
Purpose of use
Name, address, telephone number, email address
For administration purpose for providing the Services
Data related to operations carried out from our websites and applications
Products purchased, type of subscription, purchase history
Administrative, billing, marketing
Payment data and information related to the transaction made
Bank account number, credit card number
Administrative, biling and accounting
Reviews and comments on our websites and apps
Congratulations, comments, etc
Part of the Services
This site has been produced by OpenTV, Inc., c/o Route de Genève 22-24, CH-1033 Cheseaux-sur-Lausanne, Switzerland.