This guide enables you to demonstrate Connect Player features and view the example code. For more information, please see the Integration Guide.
Make sure you have the latest Android Studio installed, including:
Android SDK - install the latest version from Android Studio when prompted.
Gradle - use the latest version as recommended by Android Studio.
JDK - use the version provided with Android Studio.
Download the Connect Player 5 SDK pack, which supplies all the files needed to launch the player and start streaming content.
opy-sdk-android-SW_VERSION-example-code.zipThis contains several small application projects which demonstrate how to use simple and advanced features; for example, playing clear and encrypted streams.
opy-sdk-android-<SW_VERSION>-sdk-integration.aarThis is the SDK binary file used for integration purposes.
You also need:
A valid Connect Player licence (
A device running Android 5.x (Lollipop) onwards.
The application must be run on an Android device enabled for debugging; the player cannot run on an Android Studio Simulator.
Save the SDK pack to your desktop and unzip it. The extracted package contains a zipped set of example code, extract the contents of the example-code.zip file to your desktop.
opy-sdk-android-<SW_VERSION>-sdk-integration.aarfiles to the
NAGRA recommends you rename the
Start Android Studio, select Open an existing Android Studio project and then select the required project in the top-level directory of the extracted package. The following projects are available:
- basic-playback This demonstrates playback of a clear stream with no additional functionality.
- dynamic-ads-ima Clear playback with Adverts with Google IMA.
- encrypted-playback Playback of Widevine protected playback.
- customised-encrypted-playback Non-default implementation of Widevine protected playback.
- multi-instance Provides multiple instances of the player.
- offline Offline playback (Download to Go) of DASH streams.
- offline-service Downloading as a service for DASH streams.
- resolution-capping Clear playback with Resolution capping
- track-selection Clear playback with Multi-audio
- Connect an Android device to your development machine via USB, and build and run the application.
For full details on integrating the SDK with your application, see the Integration Guide. See also the API reference guide provided in the Android SDK pack.