Having seen and tested the CONNECT Player features using the example code, use this guide to create your player.
The following procedures describe how to create a new CONNECT Player application in Android, and add a video view to play a specified clear video stream.
The following development tools are required; the number in square brackets denotes the earliest supported version of the software verified by NAGRA.
- Java SDK - Download the JDK [Java v8] from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
- Android Studio - Download the latest version of Android Studio from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.
A device running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
The app requires a physical Android device with USB debugging enabled as per Android guidelines (http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html). It will not work on an emulator.
The external library dependency
androidx.appcompat:appcompat 1.1.0 is necessary for general Android X support. Dependencies for other features are listed under the relevant feature description.
Product release file
NAGRA supplies the following files as part of your release:
opy-sdk-android-<version>-sdk-production.aarThe SDK binary file used for development purposes.
You also need a valid CONNECT Player licence key, available on this website.
We recommend you perform integration of CONNECT Player SDK 5 in the following stages:
- In conjunction with the Android SDK 5 Example Code Quick Start guide, use the code examples to explore and test the features of the CONNECT player.
- Create a basic player; for details see:
- Develop your code to add encrypted playback and other features to the player.
- When development is complete, carry out final testing and submit to the Google Play Store.